Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Need for Speed

I did speedwork at the track on Tuesday night - 6 x 400m repeats with 200m recovery between. My times were pretty consistent and ranged between 80 and 85 seconds per 400m (5:20 to 5:40 per mile). I tried to hang with a guy who had just done a 1:14 half marathon and got my butt handed to me - he beat me by a good 10 to 15 seconds each repeat. I can tell that I haven't done speedwork for a long time because my legs are still sore today. I prefer hills so much more, which means these are doing me some good.

And speaking of hills, this Saturday we're heading off down to Bandera after the RRFit run as I'm pacing a buddy through the night for his 100 mile attempt at Cactus Rose. I've never been a pacer before - it will be a good experience and a chance to catch up with what's been going on with each other, as well as get a good workout on the Bandera course. I haven't run there since the summer. Nancy and Gavin are coming along to camp for the night and socialize. Should be a fun weekend.

No comments: